IX7530 Review of ICB4© practices: case-based learning format
(online kickoff, online reviews and tutorship, final assessment).
This course is taken at distance.
Students are tutored by:
- Visio conferencing,
This course is a combination of:
- case critical analysis,
- global reflective analysis.
This course is an opportunity for students to review real cases and real situations from their own experience.
- Specify and develop the critical skills to review ICB4® perspective competences.
- Specify and develop the critical skills to review ICB4® people competences.
- Specify and develop the critical skills to review ICB4® practice competences.
- Analyse an organisation’s approach to Project Management based upon ICB4® and its appropriateness and relevance.
- Analyse and evaluate various approaches for each category of selected projects.
- Analyse and evaluate choices for integrating ICB4® into a project performing organisation.
Total Learning time 200 hours:
- 12 tutored hours distant tutoring,
- 188 hours independent and team study.
- This course requires the student to reflect upon his or her project management experience from an ICB4® viewpoint. This module requires the student to reflect on his or her career. Some students will have worked on projects employing the ICB4® (International Competence Baseline revision 4 from IPMA – International Project Management Association) and others not. Therefore, three possible scenarios could be drawn from to describe Personal Learning Outcomes:
- ICB4® was successfully used on projects with which the student is familiar.
- ICB4® was unsuccessfully used on projects with which the student is familiar.
- In the projects that the student is familiar, ICB4® was not used. However, knowing what the student now knows about ICB4®, he or she describes how using ICB4® could have improved the management of the projects and/or how the method employed on the projects was more suitable or superior to ICB4®.
This is a not a taught course.
Through meetings and/or electronic communications the tutor will guide the student in describing his or her experience and the personal learning outcomes that flowed from it.
The tutor will give feedback to the student to assist him or her in the development of producing work at Level M (Level 7, Masters Level).
This course is assessed by the student presenting his or her Personal Learning Outcomes in a spreadsheet that is supplied by the tutor. It is expected that the Personal Learning Outcomes spread across three areas:
• ICB4® perspective competences,
• ICB4® people competences,
• ICB4® practice competences,
Learning outcomes IX7530-LO1 to IX7530-LO3 are assessed through the spreadsheet of Personal Learning Outcomes (containing twenty separate situation statements and related Personal Learning Outcomes) and a capstone essay.
- The essay should be a maximum of 2,500 words, excluding footnotes and appendices.
- The essay should contain references to textbooks, journals and online material, where appropriate, using APA referencing.
- Where available, examples of the student’s project management documents should be supplied in an appendix.